Need help producing your returns policy?
There are special laws for everyone who sells online:
1. You must offer a refund to customers if they return goods within 14 days of receiving them (they don’t have to provide a reason).
2. You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back.
3. You must repair or replace a faulty item if a customer returns it within 6 months – unless you can prove it wasn’t faulty when they bought it.
4. Customers have exactly the same rights to refunds when they buy items in a sale as when they buy them at full price
5. You are able to exclude personalised items if they could not easily be re-sold
Ok, that’s the legal stuff….
In addition, being a Conscious Crafty, we ask that you contact the customer within 48 hours if they have contacted you.
Here’s a sample Returns Policy, used by most of our Crafties. You can amend this as you wish, as long as you comply with the laws above 🙂
Crafties Returns Policy
If you are not totally in love with your item, I operate a 14 day money back guarantee (excluding custom or personalised items that cannot easily be resold). My policy cover items you have bought from me in a sale or at full price. Please contact me via my Contact Craftie button (on any product page in my shop) within 14 days of receiving your item, indicating if you would like an exchange or refund. Please include date and details of your order. If you wish to return your item, you will be notified of where to send it. Unless the item is faulty, you’re responsible for return postage costs. Once your return is received and inspected, you will receive an email to notify you that your item has been received. If requesting a refund, your Paypal account will be credited within 2 days. If you have chosen to receive an exchange, on receipt of the returned item, a replacement item will be made. In the unlikely event your item needs to be repaired, you’ll be informed how long this will take.