Are you talented and happen to live with Chronic Illness, Disability or Care for a loved one?
Sell your handmade crafts or promote your skills from your very own Conscious Crafties shop. Make new friends who understand your struggles in our supportive community whilst also receiving help and expert advice building your business.
If you would like to join us, feel free to apply (after reading all the information below) and we'll be in touch within 3 days. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Much love, Karen and the Crafties xx
Not sure if you qualify?
Not heard back in 3 days?
Best Place To Sell Your Crafts and Skills
- Worldwide skills and handmade craft selling site promoting talented people who happen to be Chronically Ill, Disabled or Carer of loved ones.
- We understand what it's like to feel unheard, so your story appears on every product to raise awareness and inspire others.
- Meet new creative friends in our supportive community who understand your struggles.
- Receive expert support with product listings, plus help and advice on how best to sell your crafts and skills.
- Take part in our Craftie Friends events, to share the love and promote each other.
- Your NEW products get advertised on our social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Be found by buyers in an uncrowded marketplace 🙂
I've based the philosophy on 'a little from lots of us' will one day cover the running costs.
Just £1 a week!! THAT'S IT!! (taken every 4 weeks)
(approx: US $1.28, Euro €1.15, Aus $1.72, Can $1.73)
How does my money help?
Zero Listing Fees!
Also every Craftie automatically has a family membership, so if your relative qualifies to be a Craftie, they are welcome to sell their products and services in your shop, along with gaining access to our community for no extra cost! 🙂
Your membership comes out of your account automatically every 4 weeks and you can cancel at any time. Please ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank, to limit any disruption to your shop.
Things we can’t sell
1. Copyright (when things aren't your own design) or Trademark items (branded items eg Disney)
2. *Cosmetics/skin care products or food (unless you can provide safety and/or hygiene certificates)
3. *Toys or items that children might want to play with e.g. teddy bear keyring (unless you've self certified at home)
4. Things you have bought and not made yourself (unless you have used love and talent to up cycle)
5. Porn, knives, guns, bombs, nuclear missiles...etc 😉
*PLEASE NOTE: It is the seller's responsibility to ensure products are tested accordingly and that Conscious Crafties is not to be held responsible. If you live OUTSIDE THE EU and only intend to sell to your OWN COUNTRY, you may be able to sell Beauty Products, Food or Toys without safety certificates due to different laws.
When will I receive funds?
Your funds will appear in your Paypal account immediately after customers buy from you 🙂 (Paypal charge 3.4% + 20 pence per order)
Are you a business?
Do I need lots of stock to sell?
Making stock to sell takes lots of energy, so most Crafties make items to order. You can add the number of days it takes to hand make, which manages customers expectations. As long as you have a picture of your finished item you can list it.
Which currency is used?
Crafties from all over the world are welcome. As we started life in the UK, currently products need to be listed in UK pounds (but all Crafties will soon be able to list in their own countries currency).
Customers can view your products in either UK pounds or US dollars depending on where they live (other currencies coming soon...)
- BE KIND to your fellow Crafties. We're all dealing with our own daily struggles.
- BE HONEST about your illnesses and your work. A huge part of Conscious Crafties is raising awareness of our illnesses, honesty is crucial to our customers and our community.
- DONT USE OUR GROUP TO PROMOTE YOUR ITEMS FOR SALE ELSEWHERE - You can of course continue to sell anywhere (but keep the links out of our support group)
- BUY VIA THE WEBSITE When buying from fellow Crafties (so many tempting things), please purchase via Conscious Crafties website. This ensures you have protection through Paypal and allows you to leave feedback for your purchases 🙂
- NO BEGGING - It is not okay to beg or hint for money/sales in our group. Crafties are special empathetic people and feel these 'tugs on heartstrings'. Don't abuse your fellow Crafties kind natures.
- SEEK SUPPORT rather than swearing or ranting. We all like a moan, but it's much more positive to ask for Advice and Support 🙂
- NO POLITICS OR RELIGION - It'll only lead to fall outs 😉