Are you super TALENTED but just happen to live with a Chronic or Mental Illness, Disability or are you Caring for a loved one who does?
Sell your handmade crafts or promote your skills from your very own Conscious Crafties shop. Make new friends who understand your struggles in our supportive community whilst also receiving help and expert advice building your creative business.
If you would like to join us, read all the info below then feel free to apply for a shop 🙂
Much love, Karen and the Crafties xx
Not sure if you qualify?
Please allow 7 days for your application to be approved (check your spam/junk mail for the email).
Not heard back in 7 days?
Who We Are Looking For
Being a Craftie is like wearing a badge of honour.
We'd love you to join our family if:
♥ You do HAPPY DANCES when Customers buy from you
♥ Your products or services are ORIGINAL and something a little bit SPECIAL
♥ You create QUALITY products and are exceptionally TALENTED (even if you don't yet believe it yourself)
♥ You're looking to GROW your business (and want to be more than a 'Hobby Crafter')
♥ You love HELPING and SUPPORTING likeminded business people
♥ You feel proud of your achievements and CELEBRATE THE SUCCESS OF OTHERS
♥ You are keen to LEARN new skills to improve your business
♥ You're looking forward to MAKING NEW FRIENDS with people who understand
♥ You are KIND & THOUGHTFUL to others
♥ You want to help show the world WE ARE MORE than our Disability or commitments of being a Carer
♥ You want to be part of a SPECIAL COMMUNITY who together can achieve anything
♥ You feel EXCITED about joining us 🙂
#CraftieFriends #CraftiesRock #CraftiesTakeOverTheWorld!
We're Not a Pity Party
Our customers buy from us because they have come to expect gorgeous quality products and services.
This isn't a pity party, it's about showing the world how incredibly talented we are despite our challenges.
Customers can leave reviews and feedback just like any other marketplace, giving our future customers reassurance they are buying from professional business people creating top class gifts and services.
Best Place To Sell Your Crafts and Skills
- Worldwide skills and handmade craft selling site promoting talented people who happen to be Chronically Ill, Disabled or Carer of loved ones.
- We understand what it's like to feel unheard, so your story appears on every product to raise awareness and inspire others.
- Meet new creative friends in our supportive community who understand your struggles.
- Receive expert support with product listings, plus help and advice on how best to sell your crafts and skills.
- Take part in our Craftie Friends events, to share the love and promote each other.
- Your NEW products get advertised on our social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Be found by buyers in an uncrowded marketplace 🙂
We've based the philosophy on 'a little from lots of us':
Just £1 a week!! THAT'S IT!!
Taken automatically every 4 weeks via card payment
(approx: US $1.28, Euro €1.15, Aus $1.72, Can $1.73)
Other payment terms available eg pay annually and save money!
How does my money help?
Zero Listing Fees!
Every Craftie automatically has a family membership, so if a relative qualifies to be a Craftie, they are welcome to sell their products and services in your shop, along with gaining access to our community for no extra cost 🙂
(please note: our support community is for over 18's due to the sensitive nature of some posts)
Your membership comes out of your account automatically every 4 weeks and you can cancel at any time (other flexible payment terms available) Please ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank, to limit any disruption to your shop.
When will I receive funds?
Your funds will appear in your Paypal account immediately after customers buy from you 🙂 (Paypal charge 3.4% + 20 pence per order)
Check out our helpful guide on registering your business and taking out insurance.
Do I need lots of stock to sell?
Making stock to sell takes lots of energy, so most Crafties make items to order. You can add the number of days it takes to hand make, which manages customers expectations. As long as you have a picture of your finished item you can list it.
Which currency is used?
Crafties from all over the world are welcome. As we started life in the UK, currently products need to be listed in UK pounds (but all Crafties will soon be able to list in their own countries currency).
Customers can view your products in either UK pounds or US dollars depending on where they live (other currencies coming soon...)
Things we can’t sell
1. Copyright (when things aren't your own design) or Trademark items (branded items eg Disney)
2. *Cosmetics/skin care products or food (unless you can provide safety and/or hygiene certificates)
3. *Toys or items that children might want to play with e.g. teddy bear keyring (unless you've self certified at home)
4. Things you have bought and not made yourself (unless you have used love and talent to up cycle)
5. Porn, knives, guns, bombs, nuclear missiles...etc 😉
*PLEASE NOTE: It is the seller's responsibility to ensure products are tested accordingly and are also not Trademarked or Copyrighted. Conscious Crafties is not to be held responsible. If you live OUTSIDE THE EU and only intend to sell to your OWN COUNTRY, you may be able to sell Beauty Products, Food or Toys without safety certificates due to different laws.
IMPORTANT: Crafties Code of Conduct
We're a unique craft marketplace due to living with illnesses, disabilities or being carers. Our Crafties Code of Conduct must always reflect our ethos and a positive and supportive community is essential to help and encourage each and every one of us to be successful.
In order to uphold our code of conduct we ask that everyone adhere to the following:
1. BE HONEST about your illnesses and your work. A huge part of Conscious Crafties is raising awareness of our illnesses or caring situation, honesty is therefore crucial to our customers and our community.
2. BE FRIENDLY AND KIND when interacting with fellow Crafties as we all live with daily struggles. All communication (either on social media, private messages, phone call or face to face) must be conducted in a friendly, kind and above all else non-discriminatory manner. Definitions include: No racist, sexist or hateful content. No defamation of others.
3. SHOUT LOUD AND PROUD ABOUT CONSCIOUS CRAFTIES. Within our Crafties Community and Crafties Handmade Marketplace group, please do not promote products for sale on other platforms or your facebook page (you are of course allowed to sell anywhere).
4. BUY VIA THE WEBSITE. When buying from fellow crafties (which is both encouraging and supportive) please purchase via Conscious Crafties website. This ensures you have protection through Paypal and allows you to leave feedback for your purchases helping build up your fellow Crafties shop presence.
5. Do not abuse the empathy of other Crafties by asking for monetary help or sales within the group. Crafties are by nature very empathetic people and feel these 'tugs on heartstrings' .
6. SEEK SUPPORT in our community group, rather than swearing or ranting. We all like a moan, but it's more positive to ask for advice and support 🙂
7. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION - It'll only lead to fall outs.
8. For QUESTIONS about the website, please comment on our our daily Q&A post in our Crafties Community Facebook Group or email Hello@ConsciousCrafties.com. If you have any disputes, please direct them to Disputes@ConsciousCrafties.com. Every effort will be taken to resolve issues in a fair and unprejudiced approach.
If it is found that anyone is behaving in a way that damages the rules created by Conscious Crafties to keep our community a safe and supportive place, it may result in their shop being suspended or closed.
OPEN A SHOP
Please feel free to apply for your Crafties Shop below.
If your application is successful, you will receive a happy email from us within 7 days 🙂
Not heard back in 7 days? (please check your spam/junk email as we sometimes land in there).
Reasons your crafts might not be approved.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1. Your shop/business name
2. A list of your health conditions (or those of your loved one if you're a Carer)
3. A little story about you and your crafts or services
4. Your website, selling platform (eg Etsy) or Facebook page link (so we can review products you would like to sell)
5. Your address
6. The email associated with your Paypal account
Please ensure you COMPLETE ALL FORM FIELDS to allow us to review your application for a shop.