Will Selling Affect My Benefits?

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / Personal Independance Allowance (PIP)
In the UK, Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Attendance Allowance are payable whether or not you are working. They are not means tested, so earnings do not affect the amount of your benefit.

If you’re in the ESA Support Group you can earn up to £125.50 a week without it affecting your ESA benefit through permitted work, as long as you work for less than 16 hours a week. You will need to tell DWP about your permitted work and can do so by filling in the permitted work form.

Universal Credit
There is no ‘permitted work’ under universal credit. Instead, you will be encouraged to do some work, even if only for a few hours a week, if you can manage it. There is no time limit to how many weeks you can work. Some of your earnings may be disregarded by applying a ‘work allowance’. This will apply if you or your partner have a limited capability for work. This is determined by a work capability assessment. The work allowance, whether you are a single claimant or claiming jointly with your partner, is:
£198 a month if a ‘housing costs amount’ is included in your universal credit award; and
£409 a month in all other cases

Disclaimer: The above is for advisory only, please always speak to your local Citizens Advice Bureau to check your personal circumstances.