Conscious Crafties customers can pay via Paypal or Card. To enable card payments we use the secure Payment Gateway Stripe so none of your bank details will be held by Conscious Crafties.
Advantages of customers paying by Card:
1. Very secure (read more here)
2. Stripe transactions fees are just 1.4% + 20p for European cards and 2.9% + 20p for non-European cards (Paypal charges you 3.4% plus 20p per transaction)
3. If your customer pays in a different currency, the currency conversation fees are a lot less than with other payment gateways
4. You will have a free account with Stripe (similar to Paypal), where you can check your transactions, you can also download the Stripe app on your mobile device.
What do I need to do?
If you already have a Stripe account you can sign in by clicking the top right ‘Sign In’ link. If not, fill in the following information below:
4. Your COUNTRY
5. Brief DESCRIPTION about your products
6. Select your BUSINESS TYPE (this will most likely be Individual/Sole Trader)
7. Your BUSINESS ADDRESS (this will most likely be your home address)
8. If you don’t have your own WEBSITE you can add ConsciousCrafties.com
9. Add NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and HOME ADDRESS
10. Add your COMPANY NAME and PHONE NUMBER
11. Add your country CURRENCY and BANK DETAILS
12. SAVE your account by adding your email and password (keep in safe place)
If stripe say they need a Company number to save (this has happened to one Craftie so far) – Stripe have informed me we can use 12345678 as a Company Number.
What happens if I don’t connect to Stripe?
You will be unable to receive your funds when customers pay by card.
How often will Stripe transfer funds?
This depends on which country you live in. If you are in the UK, Stripe will automatically transfer your funds 7 days after receiving payment. If you are in the USA, Stripe transfers funds in just 2 days (Stripe are working to reduce the transfer time for UK and some other European countries).